FREE TO BE YOURSELF
I recently got the IPhone 5s, which allows you to unlock your phone simply by using your finger print. You program the phone to store your imprint, and then the phone remembers it when you touch it and the usage of the phone is now available. This reminded me so much of how we are uniquely made. No one else can unlock my cell phone, just like know no one else can be me or unlock the gifts, talents, treasures God has placed in me. So, if there is no one else who can do it…..I’VE GOT TO DO IT. I have to know who I am and be who I am to be effective and impactful in my assignment.
Appreciate who God has made you to be. Don’t apologize for being you and don’t hide who you are. Everyone is not going to like, you but we aren’t here to please people. We are placed here on earth to please the ONE and ONLY Most high God. We don’t understand how wealthy we are. We each have a unique finger print. Because of low self-esteem or being afraid of the opinions and judgments we hide behind masks of status quo. “Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.” (Jeremiah 1:8)
Why Should You Be Yourself?
- You don’t want to deprive the world of YOU. Your personality, your quirkiness, your sense of humor, your intelligent, your perceptive.
- You are the answer to someone’s problem. You are a divine solution. Your story is what will help someone else overcome a challenge, keep hope alive, inspire, and bring restoration. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
- You are made in the image of God. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
- You have the gift of FREEDOM IN CHRIST. Jesus came to set you free from fear and bondage. Be Free in Christ. “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). Well what about those who say, “Well I’m not sure who I am?”.
We are FREE from
– Guilt (Romans 8:1)
– Condemnation (Romans 8:1)
– Fear (2 Timothy 1:7)
– Curses (Galatians 3:13)
Find your indemnity in Christ. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. He made us and he knows we are, it’s our God to discover ourselves. Seek the Lord and the closer you get to him the more you will learn about your actual self. Have you ever met someone new and they asked you what you like to do , and you’re like….hmmm I don’t know , or those other get to know you questions and you’re not sure about them. GET TO KNOW YOU SO YOU CAN BE YOU.
Make a commitment to get to know God and know the REAL YOU. Who are you? What did God have in mind when he made you? Where are you from? Where are you going?
PRAYER POINT: Dear Heavenly father, I pray that you will open my eyes to see who you have made me to be, enlighten the eyes of my understanding to see the truth, that I may walk in boldly in my identity. In Jesus name, Amen. (Ephesians 1:18)