What is a Relationship? A connection, association or involvement
Just like every other area of our lives ; God has a plan.
I know the plans I have for you saith the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. To give you a hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11
The very 1st relationship in the Bible is – Adam & Eve in the Garden:
So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adamno suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the ribhe had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. –Genesis 2:20-22
Jesus Relationship with the church: Our relationships should model after Christ’s relationship with the church.
Traits and Qualities of Christ Relationship with His Bride:
– He died for us, to have a better life
– Jesus Christ sacrificed himself for the church (HIS BRIDE)
– Jesus Christ protects us, provides for us
– Jesus Christ is always interceding for us , he is our advocate
Don’t Be Unequally Yoked
Amos 3:3L KJV Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?
Amos 3:3 NIV – Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?
Amos 3:3 NLT – Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?
You can be unequally yoked in a relationship with someone who is not a Christian. You are alive in Christ, and they are still dead spiritually.
You can be unequally yoked with a believer b/c you can be at different levels of
– Commitment/ surrender to God
– Spiritual level (does he/she have a prayer life, are they born again, does he practice the word of God ?) – What is his/her foundation??
We are to build out life on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Its starts here.
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” – Matthew 7: 24- 27
Questions to Consider:
– What background or beliefs do they have . What’s important to them?
– Goals , Passions Aspirations? Are they the same. What is your mission in life. Do they work together or compliment you? I would hate to be in a relationship with someone who has a dream of living in Alaska in the cold dark when I love sunshine or don’t do well there.
– For Ladies when dating a guy you want to pay attention to his character: IS he someone you would want to give you decision making rights to? God is the head of Christ, Christ is the head of man, and the man is the head of woman.Like we discussed earlier, In a biblical relationship we submit to our husband as we submit to Christ. Would you want to submit to him until death do you part?
Advice & Tips:
1. Don’t be desperate, understand your worth.
2. Respect yourself.
3. Keep your eyes open. Look for fruit and not potential.
4. Don’t be in a rush; love waits. Wait to see if it’s a real
5. Let a man lead and initiate – its okay to show interest once someone is already pursuing or courting you but don’t try run him, control the relationship and where its going
For more in the topic check out the podcast here —> God’s Plan For Relationships – Young Fly Sanctified Radio