“ Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Ephesians 5:18-20 NIV
I’m compelled to share on worship. Worship is somewhat misunderstood as the first 15 minutes of a church service or song that we sing, but worship goes much deeper than that. Worship is a spiritual act of devotion. Worship is a lifestyle. Worship is sacrifice. Worship is true intimacy with God that spills over into every area of your life.
“For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” – John 4:24
True worship begins with a deep respect or reverence for God, a frame of heart, an attitude.
I remember and experience from my first year as a born again Christian. We would worship to the song “To Worship You I live by Israel and New Breed” and I would encounter the presence of God in away like no other. When worshiping in song I think the best worship is when we worship in spirit in truth, when you really mean every word of the song with all of your heart, all of your being…you are ministering unto the Lord. Specifically the line in the song that “To glorify your name, to glorify your name, I live to glorify “I was on the worship team and the manifest presence of God would completely wreck me, because I really meant it. I would begin shake under the presence of God and go to my knees…You know, during worship the Lord reveals secrets to his children, his thoughts are revealed. At this point in time I didn’t really know my purpose, but the one thing that I did know is that I had a great to honor and glorify God with my life. This is the beauty of repentance and a surrendered heart. God can have is way in you and through you.
Benefits of Worship:
- As you worship you show devotion to God.
- You can show devotion to God in everything in everyday
- You are holy ground, you are the church you belong to God. You are not your own.
- You express your love and delight for God.
- You are thankful for what Jesus did, and who HE is.
- You access Heaven and God manifest his presence.
- Healing Takes place when you worship.
- Enemies are defeated because of your worship.
Neat Facts on Worship:
- Worshipers are warriors
- Worshipers take down giants
- Word “worship” found in 95 verse(s), 40 chapter(s) and 26 book(s).
- Hebrew word for worship is Shachah which “to depress, i.e. prostrate (in homage to royalty or God): bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat), humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship.”
Questions to ponder in your heart: Are you worshiping God Almighty in your life? Or are you worshiping some other God or Idol (people, things, jobs, etc.)?